Monday, December 3, 2007

Plane Delayed In Nashville


Our flight has been delayed in Nashville but is on it's way. Leaving now at 4:17. Joan and I are so excited that God is using us to do His will. Thank you all for praying for us and for helping us be in the center of God's will for our lives. Since Jesus gave it all for us are we to do no less for Him. Even though we can not do anything in our own strength we can depend on and follow Him.

Here are some thoughts God gave me these past few days. I hope they encourage you. (via Oswald Chambers) Joan and I will be reading his devotional each day in Pakistan - so read along with us. Do a search online for his devotional.

When you obey the call of Jesus Christ, the first thing that strikes you is the irrelevancy of the things you have to do, and the next thing that strikes you is the fact that other people seem to be living perfectly consistent lives. Such lives are apt to leave you with the idea that God is unnecessary, by human effort and devotion we can reach the standard God wants. In a fallen world this can never be done. I am called to live in perfect relation to God so that my life produces a longing after God in other lives, not admiration for myself. Thoughts about myself hinder my usefulness to God. God is not after perfecting me to be a specimen in His show-room; He is getting me to the place where He can use me. Let Him do what He likes.

There is only one relationship that matters, and that is your personal relationship to a personal Redeemer and Lord. Let everything else go, but maintain that at all costs, and God will fulfil His purpose through your life. One individual life may be of priceless value to God's purposes, and yours may be that life.

The way we continually talk about our own inability is an insult to the Creator. The deploring of our own incompetence is a slander against God for having overlooked us. Get into the habit of examining in the sight of God the things that sound humble before men, and you will be amazed at how staggeringly impertinent they are. "Oh, I shouldn't like to say I am sanctified; I'm not a saint." Say that before God; and it means - "No, Lord, it is impossible for You to save and sanctify me; there are chances I have not had; so many imperfections in my brain and body; no, Lord, it isn't possible." That may sound wonderfully humble before men, but before God it is an attitude of defiance.

No comments: