Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fine China by Laurie McTier

Daily Devotion for October 27, 2009
Brought to you each day by
Keith Cook Evangelistic Association / On The Go

Fine China by Laurie McTier

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Psalms 18:2

"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalms 32:7,8

I remember as a youngster going to Goldsmith's Department store to visit with my grandmother on her lunch break. I loved to spend time with her. After we sat down and ate a snack together, we would walk through the store to see the sale items. My grandmother trusted me and allowed me the freedom to walk ahead of her, as long as I stayed within site.

When we came to the China department, we had three rules.
1) Do not touch
2) Hold my hand
3) Walk very slowly

One day as we walked through the store, I was walking ahead and before I knew it, I was in the china department. I turned around to find my grandmother, and just as I did, I bumped into a display, and a teacup came crashing down. She didn't have to say anything, I was scared, and already in tears. My grandmother ran over to me, she knelt and gave me a big hug, dried my eyes, then began picking up the pieces.

Our lives are like the fine china in this story. We are God's vessels and His ambassadors. God has the same rules for us in our daily walk. His Word says that we should depart, and not touch the unclean things in this world. He desires holiness and purity in our lives.

God wants us to seek His face and allow Him to guide our steps. Keep your focus today. Hold on to His hand and He will show you His will and His way. Walk slowly and don't step out in front of His plan and His design for your life. His Word promises that He will be our rear guard. He will go out before you and behind you. He is our shelter and protector.

Daily Prayer Focus: Thank God for His understanding and grace. Ask Him to help you live today in a way that will honor Him and put Him first. Ask Him to guide your every step.

On The Go Prayer Focus: On The Go¹s GoCamp ministry that trains believers all over the world how to share their faith.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

Copyright (c) 2003, 2009 Keith Cook - On The Go
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this
"On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own
subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at
http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.


No comments: