Sunday, August 29, 2010

Witnessing by Hilton Airall

On The Go Daily Devotion for August 29, 2010
Brought to you each day by
Keith Cook Evangelistic Association / On The Go

Witnessing by Hilton Airall

"Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples." 1 Chronicles 16:24

On a recent mission trip, we had the opportunity to minister to families who were hardest hit by Hurricane Katrina in Mississippi. As we were ministering, God laid this verse on my heart. We were reaching out to individuals, many of whom had lost everything they owned except the clothes on their backs. They needed someone to give them hope, love, and encouragement. As we walked down the streets we had the chance to pray with many within the community and tell them about Jesus, a friend who will stick closer than a brother, even in the hard times. It was so amazing to see the smiles and the tears as we shared Christ's love.

I was also reminded of Acts 1:8, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Many times Christians are scared to take the Gospel to the world because of fear. They may be afraid of rejection, or maybe even that they won't know what to say. This verse reminds me that the Holy Spirit will give us strength to spread the Gospel. He will go before us, provide us with opportunities and the words to share.

Even as a young teenager, God showed me that I should always be willing to share Christ in any circumstance with those I come in contact with. As Christians, we can share Christ's love through simple things such as a smile, firm handshake, a cup of cold water, prayer, and sharing our testimony. This experience in Gulfport has changed my life, and I'm sure the lives of our entire team. Each individual we came in contact with needed the Gospel and we were able to share Christ with them. I want to challenge you today to take the opportunity to share Jesus with someone you come in contact with.

While on our mission trip, I began to realize that I was afraid to witness. I noticed I was hiding in my shell. God encouraged my heart, and here's what He told me: "Hilton, Spread my Word. Do not be afraid. I did not leave Daniel in the lion's den, nor did I forsake David when he fought Goliath. I did not forsake Paul when he was in prison or when he was shipwrecked. I will not forsake you."

God will be with you when you spread the Gospel, so don't be afraid.

Daily Prayer: Pray that God will give you strength when sharing your faith.

On The Go Prayer Focus: The Safety In Travel for each On The Go staffer and GoTeam volunteer.

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this important division of On The Go Ministries. For more information on any our ministries here at On The Go, you may send your questions to info@onthego.org.

Copyright (c) 2006, 2010 Keith Cook - On The Go
Permission is granted to "forward" this devotional to friends and acquaintances. All other rights reserved.

On The Go Ministries, Keith Cook Team
P.O. Box 963, Springfield, TN 37172, (615) 299-0222, www.onthego.org
Founder/Director - Keith Cook, keithcook@onthego.org
E-zine Editor, Laurie McTier, laurie@onthego.org
Send E-zine questions or comments to: ezines@onthego.org
______________________________________________

Subscribing - If you're reading a pass-along copy of this "On The Go" devotional e-zine and want to receive your own subscription, free of charge, simply fill out the online form at http://onthego.org/ezine_newsletters.php .

After registering online you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription request, and you simply reply to that e-mail. Thank you and God bless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
You are subscribed as ##L@##H.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dailydevotions-unsubscribe@onthego.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dailydevotions-help@onthego.org

No comments: