Things are moving quickly now, and we want to give God the glory for some quickly answered prayer…
- We met with the President’s Religious Advisor yesterday who is very supportive and will be trying to arrange for the President to attend the Opening and Closing Ceremony, as well as the Presidential lunch. Please pray the government will subsidize the cost incurred for the necessary security at the venue
- We also met with the Minister for Internal Affairs who became a believer at the 2007 AE Presidential Prayer Breakfast. He has offered us his personal phone number if we have any security problems, as well as giving us a police jeep, and two security personnel to accompany those of us taking photographs.
- Posters and handbills have arrived!! Without going into the complicated story it seems that the packages were opened in Khartoum, then deliberately delayed and false charged by Customs, probably because of the content of the posters. Thankfully John Shikuku’s wife persevered and ensured they were forwarded to Juba, and a kindly woman in Juba Post Office discovered the location of the posters where they had been concealed by the airline (in Juba Airport!) since Monday. The Juba Post Office lady, knowing our difficulties, personally covered the customs payment and took them to her office for us to pick them up! Praise God for these faithful people who have spent time, energy and personal resources dealing with this situation. Please pray they are strategically placed so that many people become aware of the upcoming mission.
- Positive Steering Committee meeting – yesterday was the largest ever, and we have agreed to meet again today to continue discussions. Please continue to pray that the mission meeting arrangements will fall into place.
- Please continue to pray that the Lord would be preparing, anointing and protecting the visiting evangelists, many of whom will commence their journey tomorrow.
Thanks so much from all of us in Juba!
Juba Prayer Team